Quick Way to Retrieve Deleted Word Documents
No sort of introduction is required for Word file or document. A desktop or laptop without Microsoft Word can never be imagined. Microsoft Word is a common application in MS Office suite widely popular among computer users that is used to create, edit, format, save and print documents. A Word file is really of much value for its users, losing it will curtain people's mind big time. Normal users won't be having much idea on deleted Word file recovery. What causes the losing of Word files is not always the primary concern, but having good knowledge about it will certainly benefit you while dealing such situations.
What are the reasons pertaining to the loss of Word files?
- Accidental deletion:- Most common scenario with users, people are about to makes mistakes so often. Deleting the important Word files by not checking the selected file carefully will put you in trouble.
- Accidental format:- Formatting your hard drive or any other storage devices containing essential Word files.
- Improper termination:- Due to shut down or restart of the system while working on the Word file for some unknown reason.
- Virus infection:- Macro virus attached to the Word files will get deleted by antivirus program.
- Other reasons:- Hardware issues, software failure, file system conversion errors.
Possibility of recovering undelete word files will be high, if you didn't override your hard disk with more new files after loss. Let's roll out to see the options while facing such situations for understanding how to recover permanently deleted files in an efficient way.
Restore files from Recycle Bin:
If you have normally deleted a Word file by mistake from the folder using delete button then the file will automatically get stored in the Recycle Bin. Open 'Recycle Bin' icon from the desktop menu and there you will see the deleted file, select it and click on 'Restore'. It will return the Word file back to the original destination.
Latest version of Microsoft Word comes with auto recover feature, which makes deleted Word file recovery possible. MS Word creates auto recover of the document that is not closed properly. So by the time you open the Word application again, it displays auto recovery of document files in its task panel.
Using an efficient recovery software:
If you are not able to recover the lost Word files, as your files are permanently deleted from the hard disk. You can make use of Undo Delete software, this application incorporates advanced programs to identify and retrieve lost Word files from memory card, hard disk, USB pen drive and other storage devices
Why to use Undo Delete utility
- It quickly scans your entire hard disk to restore lost or deleted Word files and it can be saved to any location as desired by user.
- This utility also has the ability to recover deleted PST, PPT, PPTX, etc.
- It can also retrieve Word files from USB device, memory card, external hard drive and other storage devices.
- Real time preview of the Word file recovered in the Word style helps in verifying the deleted content prior to save.
- Save Recovery Session is really handy for the user, allowing them to save time as they don't need to rescan the entire hard drive from the beginning.
- The recovered Word files using Undo Delete tool can be sorted according to the modification date, name and size.
- Trial version of Undo Delete software is available for free download, the usability and efficiency of the software can be tried and tested by the user.
Steps to undelete Word files:
Step 1: Download the tool using Download Now button and install it on your computer. Manually launch the software and select "Recover Files" option from the first screen displayed.
Step 2: When the tool pops up the second screen it ask you to select between "Recover Deleted Files"or "Recover Lost Files" option. Select "Recover Deleted Files" option.
Step 3: Next, the application displays a screen with a list of drives. Select the drive from where you lost the file and click on "Next" option.
Step 4: The software scans the drive and provides you with a list of recovered files. Select the file, preview its content and save it on a secure location.